Truman & Radford are car accident lawyers in St. George, Utah that can help you with your car crash claim. If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident, you may have many questions. You may wonder what your car accident claim might be worth, may be wondering how much money you would be entitled to receive from insurance companies, and may have questions about the steps you need to take to receive the justice and compensation you may deserve. The car accident attorneys at Truman & Radford in St. George, Utah may be able to help you. We only get paid if you win and offer new clients a free initial consultation. During our initial consultation we can review your accident, help you understand your rights, and decide what the best next steps may be.
CONTACT US TODAY or CALL 435-652-9000
What You Need to Know if You’ve Been in a Car Accident in St. George, Utah
Every year, there are thousands of car accidents in St. George, Utah. According to the Spectrum, the most common cause of these crashes was “failure to yield.” These accidents took place when drivers made a turn onto oncoming traffic, failed to stop at red lights or stop signs, entered into the wrong lane, or pulled out into traffic when they shouldn’t have done so. The Spectrum reports that the second most common cause of crashes in St. George, Utah is the rear-end collision, resulting from a driver following another too closely. If you’ve been in a car accident in St. George, Utah, there are several steps you can take to protect your rights. What are they?
- Call 911. Always call the police. You may be required under the law to report the accident, but even if you are not required, you should still make a police report. According to the Utah Department of Public Safety, you are required under the law to report a crash if there has been a death, injuries, or the property damages appear to be more than $1500 in value. When it comes to determining the value of repairing damages to a vehicle, generally an expert is best suited to providing an estimate. Damages may sometimes appear to be less than $1500, but when individuals go to get estimates, they learn that damages exceeded this amount. As a general rule, it’s a good idea to report any crash to the police. A police report can also be helpful when making an insurance claim or personal injury claim later.
- Report the accident to your insurance company. Your insurance company may want you to report any accident right away.
- Exchange contact information with other drivers and witnesses at the scene. Write down the names and contact information of other drivers involved in the crash. Get the other driver’s insurance information. If another person witnessed the accident, write down his or her name and contact information.
- Take photos. Taking notes at the scene of a crash can be helpful, but a photograph is always worth more than a thousand words. If you can take photos of the damage to your vehicle, and the location where the accident took place, this can prove helpful later when making a claim.
- Get help. If other people have been hurt in the crash, you have a responsibility to call for help. If your vehicle is dangerously blocking an intersection or posing a hazard to others on the road, if you can safely move the vehicle, you may want to do so, but be careful because sometimes it can also be dangerous to move a vehicle. When in doubt, call for help.
- Call a car accident lawyer. If you have questions about your car accident insurance claim, have questions about who may be to blame for the crash, or have questions about your rights after a car accident, you may want to contact the car accident attorneys in St. George, Utah at Truman & Radford. Our lawyers can review the case, and determine who may be to blame based on the evidence. If you are being blamed for an accident that is not your fault, Truman & Radford may be able to help. Our lawyers can speak to insurance companies and provide them with the information they need to provide you with the recovery you may deserve.
These are just some of the things to keep in mind following a car accident in St. George, Utah. Stay calm, call 911, and consider reaching out to the car accident lawyers at Truman & Radford in St. George, Utah. We are here to help. CONTACT US TODAY or CALL 435-652-9000
According to the Spectrum, some of the most dangerous streets in St. George, Utah include Sunset Boulevard, Dixie Drive, River Road and the 700 South Intersection, River Road and 100 South, Bluff Street, and St. George Boulevard. However, accidents can happen anywhere. If you or someone you love was involved in a car accident in St. George, Utah, reach out to Truman & Radford, a car accident law firm today.